A Sudan National Roadmap
Towards Comprehensive and Just Peace
And Democratic Transformation
- No Dialogue is possible without mutual recognition. The Sudanese Revolutionary Front is to be recognized as a legitimate partner.
- the following confidence building measures are to be unilaterally taken by the Government of Sudan (GoS):
- To set free all prisoners on political grounds.
- To cancel the sentences issued against political personnel.
- To abandon all legislations and regulations against basic freedoms.
- To allow the tripartite program for humanitarian relief in the war-torn areas.
- To abandon decisions of closure or deregistration of independent national and humanitarian international NGOs.
- To stop NCP monopoly over the media and provide for a real free and inclusive national media.
- To eschew any measures towards general elections before the results of the National dialogue.
- To organize a meeting between the combatants namely the GoS and SRF in a convenient venue outside the Sudan with the following agenda:
- The termination of hostilities.
- The exchange of war prisoners.
- To facilitate humanitarian relief.
- To call for a declaration of principles (DOP), which spells out the targets of the National dialogue, namely, the establishment of Comprehensive and Just Peace, through a National Constitutional Conference. The (DOP) should include the establishment of a National Interim Government, and a mechanism for Transitional Justice.
It is necessary that all Sudanese stakeholders approve the (DOP)
- After all Sudanese stakeholders accept the (DOP), the Sudanese stakeholders should be invited to a National Constitutional Conference to be held inside the Sudan to decide upon:
- The principles of the constitution and the mechanism of its enactment.
- The formation of the interim government until the New Constitution comes into force.
- The program of the transitional government.
- All the proceedings to be under a neutral chairmanship.
- Regional and International representatives to be invited to the National Constitutional Conference as observers and witnesses.
- This roadmap to be supported by all the political and civil Society forces, who call for a Peaceful Regime Change.
All Sudan’s political forces that aspire for comprehensive and Just Peace and democratic transformation should abide by this roadmap as the basis for National Dialogue.
- The conference would decide all the necessary measures for the implementation of this Roadmap.